Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili

I had this brilliant idea to make a new soup or chile every week during the fall and winter. So far, I haven't been doing so well. But I have tried a few new recipes lately. One was a chili that was so ridiculously easy and really good!

If found this recipe at Plain Chicken. I made it as it. But next time I will cut back on the chicken. I felt like it had a ton of chicken compared to the rest of the ingredients. I give you the original recipe and you can adjust it if you want.

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

2 chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen solid, straight from the freezer)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder (I used onion salt bec I don't have onion powder for some reason)
1 8 oz package cream cheese

Place chicken on bottom of crock pot. Pour the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel, and black beans in. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Cut cream cheese into large cubes and place on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Stir in cream cheese. Use 2 forks to shred chicken and stir together. Serve with tortilla chips or bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment