Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Southwest Chicken Chop Salad

I made this recipe a while back and then forgot about it until yesterday when Kristin called and asked me if I had a good Mexican salad for Cinco de Mayo. It was really good and I need to make it again. So I am adding it here so I can see it when I look for dinner ideas. I found the original recipe on Lauren's Latest. I made a few modifications to the recipe because I can.

Southwest Chicken Chop Salad

2 cups diced chicken (I used grilled chicken but you could also use rotisserie)
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can black beans
1 cup sweet yellow corn (canned or frozen. if you use canned, just throw the whole can in)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, sliced, white and green parts
1 head romaine lettuce
1/2 bunch cliantro, chopped
2 avocados, diced
2 cups crushed tortilla chips

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning, (or more if desired)
1 Tablespoon taco seasoning, (or more if desired)
1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
salt & pepper to taste

In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together.

In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, except for chips and avocados. Add dressing, chips, and avocados and toss gently. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment