Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwich

There is this little sandwich shop near my parents' house called The Philadelphian. My dad swears they have the best Philly cheese steaks you can find, in Utah at least.I remember making runs to this sandwich shop on Saturday afternoons to pick up lunch when we had been working in the yard. I found a recipe for a Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwich and immediately thought of my dad and The Philadelphian. I have always been curious what a Philly cheese steak tastes like, since I do not eat beef.I figured I would give this recipe a try. Who knows if it tastes anything like a real Philly cheese steak. All I know is that it was really good, and we will be making it again.

Slow Cooker Chicken Philly Sandwich

2 Tablespoons butter
1 large sweet onion, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
3 chicken breasts, sliced
2 Tablespoons steak seasoning (The blog I found this on says to use Dale's, I just used what I had in my spice cabinet.)
sliced mozzarella cheese
hoagie rolls

Toss chicken with steak seasoning, salt and pepper. In slow cooker add butter, onions and peppers. Then add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours. Broil hoagie roll with a slice of cheese on top until toasted and cheese is melted. Serve chicken on toasted hoagie rolls.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment