Monday, August 11, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas

We went to dinner with an old companion of Bo's and his wife made these amazing enchiladas. I got the recipe from her and made it last night and had friends over. We made the larger serving recipe and it has made 14 enchiladas so far. It probably has about 2-4 left. Fabulous! The Creamy Cilantro Dressing is what makes this meal. I usually hate anything cilantro, but this dressing was so good, I could drink it. ;) ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS

4 Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 1/2 C Water
1 envelope Fajita Seasoning
1 Can Black Beans
1 C Corn
1-2 C Cheddar Cheese
8-10 Flour Tortillas

DIRECTIONS

Spray crockpot. Put in chicken breasts. Mix water, oil and fajita mix. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high. Take out chicken and shred. Let it simmer back in crockpot for 1 hour.

INGREDIENTS (for larger servings)

6 Chicken Breasts
2 1/4 C Water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Oil
1 1/2 Envelope Seasoning

Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Yields 3-4 Cups

INGREDIENTS

1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 C Best Foods Mayonnaise (I just used the mayo I had)
1 C Milk
2 Tomatillos (I didn't know what tomatillos were so I did roma tomatoes)
1/2 Bunch Cilantro
1 Clove Garlic
1 Lime, Juiced
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Sugar

DIRECTIONS

Put it all in the blender and blend it for two minutes.

Put chicken, corn, beans, cheese, and cilantro dressing on tortilla and enjoy!

Thanks to the original Cilantro Dressing recipe that you can find HERE.
The Chicken recipe was from the same lady, I just couldn't find the recipe. I got it from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment