Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spaghetti Squash - Substitute for Spaghetti

I substituted Spaghetti Squash for my regular Spaghetti noodles last night, and was quite surprised. I couldn't taste a difference (maybe it's cuz I made the amazing sauce below) but it was crunchy. I dunno if you could boil it after to get rid of the crunchiness? Maybe I'll try that next time. Bo didn't like it cuz of this reason, but if I can still enjoy my pasta dishes with less calories and have a vegetable, count me in! :)

INGREDIENTS:

Spaghetti Squash

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the seeds.
Bake on a cookie sheet with flesh side down for 30 mins.
Make Sauce while this is baking.
When done, scoop out the flesh with a fork (it should be stringy like spaghetti).

Enjoy!

Find the original recipe HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment