Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sloppy Joes - Kris

I don't have the gumbo soup or whatever my mom uses for her Sloppy Joes, so I always find myself finding new recipes this online. Here is the one we used tonight that we both loved!

INGREDIENTS

1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 pounds ground beef
1/4 C brown sugar
2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning blend (such as Montreal seasoning, I only had Chicken Montreal Seasoning and used about 1 1/2 Tbsp.)
1 medium onion, chopped (I used half of a medium one)
1 small red bell pepper, chopped (I just used a few slices of the orange and yellow peppers we have in the freezer)
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 C tomato sauce (My can of tomato sauce had 1 3/4 C servings, so I just did about 1/4 C of ketchup as well)
2 Tbsp. Tomato paste (mine were heaping)
Buns

DIRECTIONS

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meat to the pan. Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add sugar and spice to meat. When meat has browned, add onion, peppers, worcestershire sauce, and vinegar and reduce to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 5 minutes longer.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the original recipe you can find HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment