Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Zucchini Bread

Mom brought me a HUGE zucchini when she came out to visit last and so I of course had to make Zucchini bread. :) This one is amazing!! I shredded the zucchini into 2 C portions and was able to make 8 loaves of bread with the one mom brought.
You won't regret making this.

INGREDIENTS

3 C all-purpose flour  (I did use half flour half wheat flour for one and it turned out great!)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 C vegetable oil   (Some suggestions said they used 1/2 C veggie oil 1/2 C applesauce, I didn't.)
2 1/4 C white sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C grated zucchini
1 C chopped walnuts (I left the nuts out, I hate nuts in things.)

DIRECTIONS

1. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40-60 minutes, (mine was almost always 60 mins.) or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

ENJOY!

Thanks to the original recipe you can find HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment