Monday, October 22, 2018

Italian Sausage Tortellini Pasta

I know Amy has a pasta up here that is very similar to this one, and I have tried it and liked it. This is the one that we really love so I am putting it here so I can always find it. They are very similar recipes.

1 Tbs oil
2 C diced onions
1 lb mild Italian Sausage (I use Johnsonville the sausage links)
3 cloves garlic minced
3/4 C chicken broth
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1/2 C heavy cream
9 oz tortellini
salt and pepper
2 C spinach

Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Squeeze the sausage from the casing. All you do is squish at one end and it will come out. You can make them into small meatballs or I just chop them up into small pieces. Cook the sausage until it is browned. Reduce to low heat and add the garlic. Then add the broth, tomatoes, cream and tortellini to the pan. Stir in to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat. Let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the tortellini are cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment