Thursday, October 11, 2018

Chicken Noodle Soup

INGREDIENTS

1 Tbsp butter
1/2 C Chopped onion
1/2/ C chopped celery
1 C sliced carrots
4 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can veggie broth (I did without this and added this much more chicken broth)
1/2 lb chopped cooked chicken breast (I doubled this once and added a whole rotisserie chicken, so I think half of one would suffice)
1 1/2 C egg noodles (I added about 2 C, I like more noodles in mine)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp Montreal chicken
2 bay leafs
salt and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

At the bottom of a large pot, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and carrots in butter until just tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in broths, chicken, noodles, basil, oregano, thyme, Montreal chicken, bay leafs, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving. 

I tweaked this a bit, but all the changes are listed above. For the original recipe, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment