Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

I usually do 2 chicken breasts and cut the breast in half then flatten them. Then it makes 4 total. If you want more, the original recipe calls for 4 chicken breasts, so I assume the inside mixture would be enough.
ALSO, I like my bacon not chewy. So before I wrap the bacon around the chicken, I usually cook it in the microwave a little bit so it is a little cooked before I wrap it and bake it.

2-4 Chicken Breasts
4-8 Pieces of Bacon
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
2 Green Onions
Salt/Pepper
Garlic Powder


Preheat oven to 350. Mix the cream cheese, green onions, garlic powder, and salt/pepper together. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken breasts. (This is where I cut my chicken breasts in half, then flatten them.) Put a big dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the chicken breast. Roll the chicken up. (If you like crispier bacon, microwave the pieces of bacon to your liking.) Place two pieces of bacon criss-crossed under the rolled chicken. Wrap the bacon around the chicken (almost in an X) and secure it with toothpicks. Repeat with all the chicken breasts. Put in a 9x13 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment