Monday, April 22, 2013

Classic Chicken Salad

We have been trying to eat healthier at our house. So far we have been semi-successful. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about this recipe since when I think of chicken salad, healthy is the last thing that comes to mind. But this healthy rendition is actually REALLY good. I did add a few things to the recipe which may or may not have detracted from it's healthiness. I found it in the Weight Watcher's cookbook.

Classic Chicken Salad

1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt (this is where Ell lost me in the recipe, I am a lover of mayo!)
3 Tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise (this is where he convinced me it would be good, and I used regular mayo...detracting from the healthiness)
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast (I used canned chicken...again maybe not the healthiest.)
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 Tablespoons grated onion (I imagine you could use green onion and that would be tasty too.)

Then I added (in no particular measurements, just what looked good to me.)
Craisens
Cashews

I served them on tomato-basil and jalapeno-cheddar tortillas; which are healthier than croissants if you ask me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment