Monday, April 22, 2013

Garlic Chicken with Orzo

I love finding new recipes that are yummy. This Garlic Chicken with Orzo is one of the recipes that I found on Allrecipes and thought it sounded good. The original recipes is a little bit different than my recipe. I like to make things up as I go sometimes. My favorite part of Allrecipes is that people leave comments about the recipe; how to improve it, what they changed, etc. I like to read the recipes along with the comments and then make the dish following the recipes and incorporating all the comments that I like. This is what I came up with:

Garlic Chicken with Orzo

1 tablespoon butter
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 chicken breasts, cubed
salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon oregano
feta cheese for topping
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested

In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, brown orzo in butter. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, until orzo is al dente and broth is absorbed. Set aside.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and red pepper until fragrant and garlic is golden brown. Stir in chicken, season with salt, and cook until lightly browned and juices run clear. Reduce heat to medium, and mix in the parsley and cooked orzo. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and oregano. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve sprinkled with feta.

The red pepper gives it a little bit of a kick and the flavors are just amazing. The fresh lemon juice and zest add a whole other dimension of taste. I served this with asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment